What was once a little boy's hobby has become a full-time business for us, Jeff and Maria Bledsoe and family of Blair, Nebraska. Now in our tenth year, we’ve been blessed to have shared this venture as a family, and we’re so thankful for people like you - both newcomers and those who have made Skinny Bones Pumpkin Patch a tradition of your own. As a family-oriented, homegrown project, Skinny Bones aims to create memorable experiences. Our staff and family hope that you arrive feeling welcomed by us, and that you leave glowing with the fun of your adventures and the Skinny Bones brand of contagious happiness.
Giant Bounce Pillow
This pillow is a ‘mammoth’, and kind of like a massive trampoline. Soar to new heights or let your kids release their endless energy on this family friendly exercise pillow. Newly added this year is another even larger pillow!
This “sandbox” of pure corn is the perfect place to hang out with your kids while they play away with trucks and shovels. Encourage your kids to pursue our Cornhusker heritage by exploring this pool of corn. Updated this year so it is MUCH larger than before!
Here you will find fresh produce grown by local Nebraska farmers, fresh-popped kettle corn, and Skinny Bones merchandise.
Sit back and relax in a picturesque barn while you taste some of our favorite fall foods! Turkey legs, barbeque pulled pork sandwiches, grilled burgers, pizza, and all beef hotdogs to name a few. Our signature items include our amazing kettle corn, our hand-dipped carmel apples, and our homemade fudge made with real butter and cream.
Jack O' Shooter
Had a long day at work and eager for a little target practice? Try out a corn cannon and arch your projectile to the sky to hit various targets.
One of the biggest fascinations our children had is the way a “roly poly” (aka pill bug) can turn into a ball. Make your childhood dreams come true by rolling into your own ball and racing your friends and family down the track.
JJ's Corn Maze
Skinny Bones' 10-acre corn maze is our most popular attraction. With twists and turns along the way, it will be hard to find your way! Challenge your friends to our scavenger hunt, grab your punch card, and search for the punch stations hidden throughout the maze. If you complete all, your master maze status leaves you with new bragging rights and a lucky prize!
Don’t want to send your young ones venturing off into the large maze? No worries, we get it. That’s why we have a one-acre, one path and you’re out maze. Experience the “corn maze feel,” without wrong turns or dead ends.
Dueling tower slides that are scary fast! Race your friends down 60 feet of darkness and see who reaches the end of the tunnel first. This attraction is a birthday party favorite and loads of fun for spectators to enjoy as well.
Haley Boo's Petting Zoo
Nicknamed after our third daughter, this petting zoo is full of fuzzy and fluffy farm animals. Pet or feed them to your hearts desire and let your kids have a memorable, ‘hands on’ experience.
Eager for a little healthy competition? Jump aboard a pedal cart and challenge your family or friends to a lap or two around our speedway with twists and turns to maneuver. Karts are available for all ages with a separate track for the little ones.
Jeffy's Pumpkin Patch
It’s nostalgic to see a patch where you can pick real pumpkins off of the vine. Skinny Bones owner, Jeff (we call him Jeffy), has been growing pumpkins since he was just about the size of…. well, a pumpkin. We believe that the backbone of our farm is the patch and we hope you think so too.
Enjoy the crisp fall breeze and beautiful farmland as you ride down dirt roads. You can even stop off along the way to hand pick your own pumpkin at Jeffy’s Pumpkin patch. Take a break from the busyness of life on this refreshing country ride.
Mad Cow Ride
Yeehaw! Let your kids hop on a cart for an exciting ride across skinny bones. This ride travels at slow speeds and is entertaining for kids of any age.
Let your family explore their creativity at our Skinny Bones Face Painting Station. Our spooktacular face painters will put fun designs on your little ghouls or goblins, and you can even get a signature painting of your choice.
Ready for a wild adventure full of hair-raising excitement? The Eerie trail is a creepy fall journey, complete with unusual sights, scary surprises, and an optional “time-warping” trek through the vortex tunnel. Things may seem a bit out of place along this trail, but don’t worry you’ll be back in regular ole’ Nebraska once you’re through…
House of Mystery
Legend has it that a tornado hit the farm in 1912 that never really left. Since then, it’s been contained in this retired machine shop. All becomes a mystery when you step into this slanted building. Try to keep a “level” head in here, as gravity may offset your balance.
Pricing and Hours
Open September 7 - October 31
Open: 9AM - 3PM
Open: 9AM - 9PM
Open: 9AM - 10PM
Open: 9AM - 7PM
(Children 2 & under free)
- NEW: Season Pass! - Get unlimited entry for the season! Only $34.95 per person, plus tax.
- Flashlight Night - Friday from 6PM-10PM. Navigate your way through the giant corn maze with the help of your flashlight! Bring your own flashlight or buy one in our gift shop. This is a popular night for families!
- Haunted Night - Saturday from 6PM-10PM. Enter if you dare! Scarers move through the giant corn maze, anxiously awaiting their next victim. No flashlights allowed. (The haunted corn maze is limited to 1 time per person).
- BONFIRES - $65 each and can last up to 4 hours! Reserved seating with two picnic tables, we supply the wood and our staff will start your fire. We recommend maximum 50 people per bonfire. For larger groups needing more than one bonfire, please request bonfires next to each other at time of reservation. Bonfires are by reservation only, please contact us to reserve a bonfire. There is a no refund policy, but may be switched to a different date permitting in our 2018 season, due to severe weather. There is a NO alcohol policy.
- Field Trips - School groups, home school groups, or day cares, with 20 or more in their group pay just $8 per person (plus tax) on Monday-Thursday with reservations. Field trips must be during school hours only from 9-3:00. Our passion is to educate children on Nebraska’s agriculture and each child will take home a free mini pumpkin! Educational speakers are available upon request. Bring in your own sack lunches or purchase food at Emmy’s barn! Please contact us to reserve a field trip.
- BIRTHDAY PARTIES - Fun and unique! Pay admission for each person to enter our admissions booth. Birthday child gets a FREE personalized pumpkin with reservation! We suggest renting a bonfire to have reserved seating. You may bring in your own food or drinks or let us cater for you! Our new kid’s gift shop has a wide variety of unique toys and gifts for goodie bags, making it easier on mom’s for party planning.
- CORPORATE GROUPS - Skinny Bones Pumpkin Patch is a wonderful setting to host all events and gatherings of any size. Groups of 100-199 people receive $1.00 off weekend admission, 200-299 people receive $2.00 off weekend admission, and 300 or more people receive $3.00 off weekend admission. Let our staff help with event planning and several catered food options are available. Contact us for details!
- Weddings, receptions, graduation parties, corporate events are available in our off season. Our all wood barn with full service restrooms is a perfect setting for any special event. Breathtaking views of our Nebraska agriculture will enhance your memories during your special event. Please contact us for details and rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you reserve a bonfire?
Is there food available?
Emmy's Barn is a full service kitchen with indoor seating available. Giant smoked turkey legs, pulled barbeque pork sandwiches, homemade fudge, hand dipped caramel apples, pizza, hotdogs, hamburgers, and so much more!
Where are you located?
We are located 8 miles North of Omaha on Highway 133. (Half way between Omaha and Blair) Check the right side if you're coming from Blair, or the left side if coming from Omaha. To view a map, click here.
KGOR Live Broadcast
Saturday, October 6th
Come visit the KGOR radio station as they broadcast live at Skinny Bones Pumpkin Patch from 2:00PM to 4:00PM! Spin to win free tickets Goosebumps 2 Haunted Halloween, and other cool Goosebumps movie prizes!
The idea for Skinny Bones Pumpkin Patch began with Jeff. As a boy growing up in LaVista, Nebraska, he planted pumpkins in his parents' backyard every year, always so proud of the largest pumpkin in each patch.
After purchasing some land off of highway 133 for a rental property, Jeff joked that one day it would become a pumpkin patch. Maria would laugh, logically thinking, but not surprised when he set up his old pick-up truck at the end of the driveway, pumpkins a plenty and kids at hand, helping wave down cars.
With this being our 10th year, we are enthralled and so thankful to welcome families in every season, and to continue it as a new tradition your family has. We are a family-oriented, home grown business, and we hope you leave feeling welcomed by ours.
Jeff, being the visionary of the business, is the true kid at heart. Running his own auto repair shop during the day allows him to use his mechanical skills and his artistic side at night. All of the attractions on the farm were built by Jeff, and many of them hold a special significance. The windmill was one of Maria's birthday present, and the stage was for Courtney’s wedding. Jeff is truly a genius and this is evident when viewing his mastermind creations. One of his most notable is the Skinny Bones Express. This is an old fashioned replica of a stage coach that is four wheel drive. No horses needed... just horse power. This is available for private bookings and is a sure crowd pleaser.
Maria is always on the go, and she wouldn't have it any other way. Naturally she loves running, and has learned to balance it all through years of chasing her five children. She works on the business end and loves interacting with customers, friends, and people in general. She is in charge of all of the purchasing, scheduling, and hiring. On a rare occasion, one can see Maria resting in the kitchen eating yummy salsa and chips.
Courtney is the oldest of the five Bledsoe children. She happily married Kyle Baird in the summer of 2014, on the property of Skinny Bones itself. Courtney has always carried a natural leadership role in the family, and takes after her dad with being visionary, and putting it to the ground. Even while living in Texas, both her and Kyle still participate in the growth Skinny Bones has endeavored. Courtney is in charge of our marketing department, while Kyle uses his engineering skills for future layouts and design. When not dreaming up plans, the two are usually exploring a new theme park.
Miranda will be working full time for us this season and took on the title as our visual display manager. Spending 3 years in full time mission work, she has a love for helping others, and making a difference. Using her background in traveling and living in New York, she desires to bring a unique experience to anyone coming to Skinny Bones. She will be photographing moments this fall, and will be helping wherever needed. When not at the patch this fall, she may be running or on a new spontaneous adventure.
Haley, and Josiah Dallmann both live and work in Lincoln, Nebraska. Newly weds who met in college and share the love of Jesus, plants and animals. With Haley's animal science degree and and Josiah’s agronomy degree, we found it fitting to name our petting zoo after Haley: Haley Boo's Petting Zoo. Both have helped out tremendously with knowledge of planting and maintaing our pumpkins. When not loving on plants, Haley and Josiah can probably be seen playing with their two dogs: Nelly and Rye.
Emily just graduated from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln with a degree in Management and Entrepreneurship. We are excited to have her work for us full-time this season. She has started her own business, Emily Ann Lettering. Over the summers, Emily has worked full time to prepare our business for the fall. She isn't afraid to pick up a power tool, drive our tractor, or help construct our corn maze. She is a hard worker, and takes after her mom with loving to interact with others.
Jared, our youngest and only boy, just graduated from Blair High School. He took up the talent of coding and and even made this website! We named our corn maze after him (JJ's corn maze) and he knows the maze better than anyone. In his spare time he and enjoys competing and racing his drone. He takes all of our aerial photography and videos.
This is our tenth year of running Skinny Bones and it has been a true adventure. We have watched our children grow and gain priceless experiences through Nebraska’s agriculture. We strive to maintain good old fashion fun for our future generations, and continually add new and exciting attractions. We thank you for your priceless memories and hope to see you all this Fall!
- The Bledsoe family